Get the UI kit
We provide a UI kit in Figma so you can prototype your department website or projects. Our kit has a library of elements that are ready to go when you need them. You save time because you don’t have to build or scour the internet for items. This helps you:
- Quickly and easily use existing components, typography, and colors for your project
- Review and receive approval for a design/concept
- Communicate expectations with your developer
- QA/validate after something is developed
In a few minutes, you can start prototyping. Here are a couple of tasks you need to do first.
- Create an account: To use Figma, you have to have an account. You can create a free account or your department can purchase a paid account.
- Log into Figma: You can either use Figma in your browser or you can download a desktop version.
- Download UI kit: Get the UI kit from Figma. Review the different pages in the kit.
Figma allows everyone to have a free account (limited options but you’re still able to use the UI kit and prototype). There are also team and enterprise accounts. Check with your department about using Figma.
The UI kit provides more detail on how to use the kit.
Starter site prototype
In the kit, we also provide a starter site. It has all the basic items a department usually needs to create a website. Page templates include:
- Contact us
- About us
- 2 landing page templates
… and more!